There are a couple of difficult challenges in implementing a digital storytelling project in an elementary education classroom, such as: lack of technological resources, lack of time, no background of the story, and it is not completely like a book.
I feel the most difficult challenge, out of the ones I listed, is that digital storytelling is not like a book. It does not really allow for much student participation for a read-aloud or a shared-reading. It also cannot be made into hard copies which students can handle and flip a book. It would be difficult to use it for groups. In the end, I feel digital storytelling can be a supplement to a book about washing hands, which can provide a visual enhancement for the students. Nonetheless, I do not think it will be as effective as a book to introduce a new lesson.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey, Krysta, here's the URL for the post about my scanner problems:
ReplyDeletehttp://mariahteaches.blogspot.com/2009/09/storyboard-and-techonological-rebellion.html